|This is the Pali Wikipedia's Village pump (मन्तन ठान Mantana ṭhāna). A place for community discussions on this project.
|No. of Topics
|Last edited by
|Last edited on (UTC)
|13 February 2023
Dear all, I have applied for admin premission here. This message is to fulfill requirement of local announcement on village pump. Since this page's name is close to village pump ('avassaya' page can only be translated to 'help' etc.), so assuming it to be village pump, I am making announcement here (Link to this page appears on sidebar also). Thanks and Regards. -Hemant wikikosh (वार्ता) १२:३३, २६ सेप्टेम्बर २०१२ (UTC)
पिय पाठका। एत्थाहं टान्सलेटविकीति (translatewiki.net) जालठले एतस्स जालठलस्स अन्तराफलक-सन्देसानं अनुवादं करोमि। करहिचि कोपि दोसो दिस्सति चे, मं सूचेन्तु। दस्सनत्थं एत्थ किलिक्करोतु। एतस्मिं येव सोधन-कमे कुत्थचि अधिकारानं आवस्सकता होति, तदत्थं मया पबन्धकत्तं पत्तं। -Hemant wikikosh (वार्ता) १७:१७, ८ ओक्टोबर २०१२ (UTC)
Invitation to Telugu Wikipedia Dasabdi Vedukalu 2014[सम्पादेतु]
Wiki Loves Food 2015[सम्पादेतु]
I'm sorry as I cannot read and write Pali.
Greetings from Wikimedia India.
Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is a public photo competition on Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and other project websites of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia India Chapter will be running this contest. The aim of this project is to improve the quality of pictures of different cuisines of India & the world. Currently under planning, this project will be on a Pan-India scale.
The contest is to celebrate Indian Cuisine's diversity and beauty. Any photograph related to food in India can be entered. We would like to see ANY image about Indian food added to Commons and we will be handing out bigger prizes to entice people to participate and donate their photos to Commons. This is a ONE TIME contest, at this moment, to educate people about and promote donating images to Commons on a national scale. India has a vibrant photography community and we hope to significantly increase Indian Food related photographs on Commons through this contest campaign. More people will access and contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects. We believe that, other communities shall also replicate the same, and we shall be able to lend our strong support.
To ensure full Participation of the whole Indian Community, we invite 2 nominations from Pali Language Community.
Please find more details on this link. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food For any doubts, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days[सम्पादेतु]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As per previous announcements earlier this year, the visual editor (VisualEditor) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. It allows people to edit articles as if they were using a typical word processor. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (Remember my last editor).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil () in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want:
- Always give me the visual editor if possible (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- Always give me the source editor (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- Show me both editor tabs (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (Editing --> Editing mode:), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community, by linking to this announcement elsewhere, putting up a site notice, etc. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after some days it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no major technical issues have arisen. Eukesh : given your experience with this language and this community, I appreciate your support in making sure everyone here is aware of this change. Don't hesitate to ask questions, I'll be around for a while to help!
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback below. I'd like to thank everyone who works to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org.
The visual editor is now active here[सम्पादेतु]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
In the wikitext editor, the pencil icon allows you to switch to the visual editor.
In the visual editor, the [[ ]] (square brackets) icon allows you to switch to the wikitext editor. Please note that the button will soon say Publish page or Publish changes, due to an unrelated change.
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (VisualEditor) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> Editing --> Editing mode:.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "Visual edit" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Just a heads-up that rollout of the visual editor on this wiki is now complete. Please refer to my previous messages for details. You can read the "checklist" that was written to help communities like yours in their process of adapting the visual editor to their customs and needs. Best, Elitre (WMF) १८:३१, ६ सेप्टेम्बर २०१६ (UTC)
What support do Ancient Languages need?[सम्पादेतु]
Hi all, (apologies for English!)
As part of the ongoing discussions about whether the Ancient Language policy should be changed, I am reaching out to see if we can establish more about the kinds of support that Ancient Language Wikis need. Can you take a look at this page on Meta about support for your project, and leave feedback? --JimKillock (वार्ता) १९:१२, ११ सेप्टेम्बर २०२१ (UTC)
The text on File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-pi.svg (current Pali WP logo) says,
विकिपीङियाwhich translates to
एका निंमुलेना सद्दकोसो
Wikipiriawhich is absolutely wrong. This must be changed to
a free dictionary
विकिपीडियाfor the (close to) correct translation. Same issue with File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-pi.png. I ask everyone to take part in this discussion. If there aren't any oppose votes in a week, I'll be pursuing this request myself. Thanks! CX Zoom (वार्ता) २१:५५, १६ मार्च २०२२ (UTC)
एका निंमुलेना निखिलकोसो
- Apparently, this was noticed way back in 2012. Nothing was done. See meta:Special:Permalink/4209409#Hemant email@example.com. CX Zoom (वार्ता) २३:५५, २६ मार्च २०२२ (UTC)
Vote for your favourite Wikimedia sound logo[सम्पादेतु]
Please help translate to your language
We are really sorry for posting in English
Voting in the Wikimedia sound logo contest has started. From December 6 to 19, 2022, please play a part and help chose the sound that will identify Wikimedia content on audio devices. Learn more on Diff.
The sound logo team is grateful to everyone who participated in this global contest. We received 3,235 submissions from 2,094 participants in 135 countries. We are incredibly grateful to the team of volunteer screeners and the selection committee who, among others, helped bring us to where we are today. It is now up to Wikimedia to choose the Sound Of All Human Knowledge.
errors detected by the Check Wiki project[सम्पादेतु]
errors detected by Check Wiki project can be fixed using WPCleaner. i assume it requies admin to enable and configure. i request to enable on our wiki. thank you. Gunyam (talk • contribs) ०५:३५, १३ फ़रवरी २०२३ (UTC)